SD-WAN is the abbreviated form for a software-defined wide area network. A WAN is a connection between local area networks which are the LANs that are mainly separated by a considerable distance. This distance mainly ranges from a few miles to thousands of miles. The term software-defined mainly implies that the WAN is programmatically configured as well as managed. Some of the important facts about the SD Wan technology have been discussed in this article.
Top benefits to know about SD Wan Technology
Below are some of the important benefits of the SD Wan technology:
- This type of technology mainly helps to increase the bandwidth at a lower cost
- This has got centralized management across different branch networks
- This mainly provides full visibility into the network
- This mainly provides the organizations with more connection-type options as well as vendor selection at the time of building a network.
- SD-WAN mainly enables direct cloud access at different remote branches. So this mainly helps in reducing the backhauling traffic. In this case, the workers can directly access cloud applications irrespective of the location without overloading the core network.
- This technology mainly allows organizations to use the cheaper connection types in comparison to the MPLS.
- An organization is mainly able to change the type of WAN connections which is being used as the traffic volumes change.
Important facts to know about the security of the SD Wan technology
This type of technology can mainly help to increase network security with the help of encrypted network segmentation, network traffic, by using a central provisioning system, as well as optimized performance overall. The selection of the perfect SD Wan technology vendor is another important aspect to consider. An ideal vendor will mainly recognize as well as resolve the specific issues as well as be a leader in the WAN market. This mainly ensures that they will have the capability to meet their client’s current as well as future requirements for the sum of the SD-WAN project.
SD-WAN mainly doesn’t require any specific hardware for some of the specialized network functions. Instead, the infrastructure is mainly made of commercial off-the-shelf otherwise known as COTS) equipment, also known as white-boxes. Enterprises can mainly use SD-WAN in a handcrafted manner, where the business mainly owns the network as well as equipment.
These are some of the important facts to know about SD Wan technology.